Wednesday, June 25, 2008

on the sea again

Were sailing for the Azores either tonight or tomorrow. Ive really enjoyed being in Bermuda for a few days, but it feels like the right time to move on.
Today for a last lunch on land, I had a baked chicken and a quart of Dunkleys chocolate milk. I drank another half gallon of milk last night in one sitting. Im trying to make myself sick of milk so that I dont cave it while Im on the boat. So far, its not working. But Ive still got another half gallon on My Star.
Weve been having some trouble with Parallel Windows and Virtual PC, trying to get the PC based program to work that allows us to e-mail through our HF radio. If we can get the software to work, we'll have e-mail on the boat! And if not, then this is most likely the last post for 20 or 30 days. Its supposed to take 20, but then the sail from Charleston to Bermuda was supposed to take 5-7 and took 10 with a few storms and days spent motoring without wind. Im telling myself 30, to cut down on chances of rising insanity when we dont make it after 20 days.
-Over and out-

3 comments:

Christian said...

Have I mentioned lately that you are insane?! I just spent a few hours in my apartment and I am bored to tears. 30 days on a sailboat and I just might throw myself overboard. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

if your going to use military jargon use it correctly. There is no over and out, that in itself is a contridiction. Rikki and i were talking today about how old school explorers didnt do things like write blogs. Shackleton sure didnt update his "blog" everytime he ate a seal or made one of his crew walk the plank. But i suppose for a first time adventurer your not doing to bad.

Anonymous said...

Will, you're the man for the job. Jim and I just read your blog and agreed if anyone can do what you're doing,it's you!We are impressed with your bread baking,photo-taking, and general crewmanship. Hang in there(literally). You are in our prayers we trust you are in the Lord's care. genie & jim deason