Sunday, October 12, 2008

Home






I flew back to the U.S. on October 2nd, crossing the Atlantic in 7 hours. It took me 58 days on the sailboat, although when things go well its supposed to be only 30-40 days at the most.
Its great being home and being around my family, but I miss the journey. Its a great thing to have a goal ahead to work towards, I feel a little aimless now that its all finished.

I made it home in time for Molly the milk cow to have her calf. She had it this afternoon. I think were going to call her Polly. Molly and Polly, haha.She tried really hard to poop all over me while I was carrying her up to the barn, but somehow it all missed my arm and shoulder. It reminded me of the time we bought a dairy bull, and brought him home in the back of the station wagon. I sat in the very back seat with him (remember the seats that faced backwards?) and he pooped everywhere and jumped around, covering us both in calf poop. I think my dad almost drove into the ditch he was laughing so hard.


I shaved the beard, finally. My skin was so dry underneath that I had to get rid of the hair. It feels SO good to feel a breeze on your face again. I think Polly liked it; she was rubbing her nose on my face and snotting on me while I carried her. Its great to be loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Will.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

i can't believe UFP waited till I left to come out. i can't wait to meet her and have the naming ceremony!
-erin